Friday, May 8, 2009

Yankees



CC Sabathia pitched a complete game shut out to help the Yankees to a 4-0 win against the worst team in the AL East. A-Rod hit an A-Bomb on the first pitch he saw from J. Guthrie, to make it 3-0.

Normally I would brag about the Yankees doing so well, but I will try to stay away from that being that they were facing the Orioles at Yankee Stadium South. However, no doubt about it, A-Rod came up pretty clutch, J Guthrie is no slack ass pitcher, and I was just hoping he would get a hit, but he came up with a bomb. And the Orioles actually have a decent offensive team, which CC shut down for 9 innings. Fortunately both A-Rod and CC are on my fantasy team, which is now beating the Flapjack 21-8, as I will go 4-0 and remain in 1st place, so the don't take any fantasy advice from him.

As always I knew we could rebound against the O's because we absolutely own them. We always win more an more against them as the season goes on, and we basically have home field advantage when we play at Camden Yards. When A-Rod gets more cheers than boo's you know something isn't right with the home team. I mean he probably gets booed more at Yankee Stadium than at Camden Yards. I'm not worried at all, because we are still in the longest season in sports and we are re-loading with the heavy hitters. At this point if Jorge ever gets off the DL and Wang starts pitching average, we are going to win the AL East.

No comments:

Post a Comment