Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Yankees - Heating Up!!!!!!!!



Maybe I should start going on vacation more often to get the Yankees where they should be: 1st Place in the AL East just waiting for the playoffs and the World Series. I f*cking leave on Tuesday with them two games under .500, and they go on a f*cking 6 game win streak, and I only get to watch one, last night. Lets hope this level of play continues no that the Big Guy is back in the boogie down Bronx.

I missed all of the comeback wins against the Twins, but I did listen to ESPN radio all day on Monday and I heard multiple people saying what I have been thinking about for a while. I always thought the Yankees needed to loosen up, needed to have fun playing the game, which I guess playing in NY for a shit load of money makes that easier said than done. I always think if they can go out there and have fun playing the game, they are going to win. When I heard probably 5 different ESPN radio talk shows say the Yankees looked like they were having fun during this stretch it made me confident we are going to keep this type of domination up the rest of the season.

The unsung heros are making the Yankees fun to watch for me. Brett Gardner, Francisco Cervelli and Ramiro Pena, with every swing of the bat, every defensive play made, are telling the scum bags who say we have no talent in our farm system to go f*ck themselves. I always know the big boys are going to come through, but as always, when you have to play different people because of injuries its always a risk. The fact that Brett Gardner is lightning fast and challenges Melky day in day out is awesome. The fact that Ramiro Pena can play a day at 3rd base and give A-Rod a day off in the field is awesome. The fact that Francisco Cervelli was batting like .160 in the minors and absolutely crushing the major league pitchers and throwing out every base stealer is awesome. Its good to be back in the BX and I hope the Yanks keep up the winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment