Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Terps - Protect This House


In case you are looking to fill the void in you life left by the early departure of Maryland Men's Basketball from the NCAA tournament, look no further. This Saturday clear your schedule for an afternoon filled with two of the best varsity athletic teams the Terps boast year in and year out, Lacrosse and Women's Basketball.

No tickets, no problem. Both of these games will be broadcasted live on National television, starting first with Maryland Lacrosse vs Virginia, 12pm ESPN2. The Terps started off ranked #3 in the country, and after a couple of losses to Georgetown and UMBC (U Made a Bad Choice), they have dropped to #10 in the National rankings. Virginia is ranked #1 in the country, so the Terps will look to show they are still a contender for a National Title when they battle the Cavs in Charlottesville.

Next up, a 2:30pm showdown between the Lady Terps and Vanderbilt, make sure you switch over to ESPN for this one. The Terps easily took care of business in the first two games of the big dance, and look to continue on their path to the Final Four. With Kristi Toliver, the most clutch women's basketball player ever, it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm pretty excited about both of these match ups. I really hope we beat UVA because I hate them almost as much as Duke. And ever since I saw Toliver drain a 3-pointer in Duke's face in the National Championship game when she was only a Freshman, I have enjoyed watching the Lady Terps in action. Plus I decided I need to stop drinking during the weekdays, so a 12pm face off will give me an early start to my Saturday. I'm calling for a "Blackout" on Saturday for all Terps fans, literally and figuratively.

No comments:

Post a Comment