Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring is in the Air - 276 Days Till Vegas Beer Pong Tournament


This is one of my favorite times of the year, Spring. For some reason the nice weather seems to promote drinking, and when I think about drinking in nice weather I think beer pong. Only 276 days until Las Vegas hosts their 5th annual beer pong tournament. "To the victor belong the spoils", $50,000 for 1st place.

I even found the official table of the tournament, pictured on the left, which I will be ordering upon the arrival of my tax return. Now I figure myself and the Flapjack have a good shot at this, and even if we lost, 4 days on the strip sounds good to me. The Flapjack has a National Championship loss at the Division III level under his belt, but I am confident he is Division I worthy, hell we might even be able to give him a scholarship.

I have Division I, Championship winning experience from my glory days in College Park, and to my knowledge my former partner and I are still ranked #1 in Garyland. This tournament is just dying to be dominated by me and the Flapjack. How do I know this???? Check out the rules: http://www.bpong.com/wsobp/official-rules-of-the-world-series-of-beer-pong#VB

If I read correctly you can fill some of the cups with water and no player is required to actually drink beer. This works out perfect for a "night and day" team like us. Before he was "The Flapjack" we named this sharp shooting character "The Sober Sensation", known for draining his cups so fast you might not get a shot. A few misses, a few solo red cups filled 1/3 of the way with beer, this guy becomes vulnerable. However, I'm pretty sure its a must that you have an alcoholic on your team if you have any hope of winning "The Big Check". I read somewhere the guy that won this year chugged a bottle of Jack Daniels before the Championship and was quoted as saying, "I play better when I'm drunk". Thats where I come in. Now I'm not a fan of Jack, but put a bottle of Jager or Sambuca in front of me, they mine as well make the check out in our names today.

No comments:

Post a Comment