Friday, March 27, 2009

Job Opening - Head Coach Kentucky Basketball


After just two seasons at Kentucky, Billy Gillispie is out as head coach after missing the NCAA tournament for the first time since 1991. Gillispie was 40-27 in two seasons, and recently ended his time with Kentucky losing to Notre Dame in the NIT.

How do you get rid of this guy after only two seasons? I mean, he only coached one freshman class that he actually recruited. I think you need to give someone at least 4 years to recruit and turnover some new players. Basically he was losing with players the last coaches recruited. Say what you want about the coaching end of it, but the bottom line is you can coach talent. Talent is recruited, and obviously Jodie Meek's one man scoring show, wasn't enough talent for Kentucky to win.

With that said I know exactly how to fix this situation. Forget hiring Billy Donovan, forget any of the top coaching names in the country/world. Kentucky basketball needs Ashley Judd if they are going to return to prominence. If she recruits in the above jersey we will be watching the second coming of the Fab Five in the 2009-2010 season. She is rich enough to slip some money under the table for the real blue chips, and she is hot enough that nobody would ever rat her out. I give Ashley a 4.6 on the Flapjack hard scale because she is hot and has an amazing passion for college basketball, and sports in general. I can see it now: Me: "Ashley what do you want to do for our anniversary?" Ashley: "I have to work, but you can sit next to me on the sidelines while I coach Kentucky basketball at the SEC Championships, and after I cut the nets down we can make love." Me: "Yes Ashley!"

No comments:

Post a Comment