Wednesday, June 24, 2009

USA Soccer Stuns Spain


I haven't watched a soccer game for more than 30 seconds in probably 15 years, but I heard the USA was playing "the Great" Spain team and I figured I would check it out. Listening to the radio this morning, The Herd on ESPN, and Colin gave me his preview of the game, which he may have to apologize for in the morning.

He painted a picture for non-soccer followers by saying this game would be like a basketball team with 1 NBA player on it trying to beat The Dream Team. I will let you figure out which team he had the USA as in that comparison.

Congratulations to the USA for winning. However, I fully expect every Sports Guy who predicted a beat down to simply cover their ass by saying soccer will never be popular in the US, and unfortunately they are right about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment